Schools in Gales Ferry and Ledyard, Connecticut (and One and Two Room Schoolhouses)!
Object ID:
R-8.5
Description:
Gallup Hill School on the move, 1950s. After Ledyard schools were consolidated in 1949, the old one-room schoolhouses became redundant. Some were demolished, some became small museums and others were converted to private homes. The Gallup Hill schoolhouse was moved to make room for the present Ledyard High School. It is now a residence in Groton.

Published in "Looking Back, a Photo Retrospective of New London County Volume II - The 1940s, '50s, and '60s," by the New London Day, 2014, on p. 78.
Click to Enlarge
Image